Cementir Group aims to a sustainable development path, through continuous improvements in its economic, environmental and social performances.
Cementir Group engages in pursuing its economic, environmental and social development through:
- Respecting statutory legislation and relevant official requirements;
- Respecting human resources, guaranteeing health and workplace safety;
- Promoting and adopting cleaner technologies;
- Reducing environmental impacts for the individual products;
- Developing environmentally sustainable products;
- Identifying improvement goals and reviewing such goals every year;
- Promoting human resources participation and training on a regular basis in order to meet our goals;
- Increasing transparency and dialogue with customers, workers, authorities, suppliers, local communities and shareholders.
Cementir Group, in order to implement the mentioned guidelines, undertakes to:
- Develop, realize and maintain an environmental management system in all Group’s productive plants to meet its engagements;
- Publicize its environmental (sustainability) policy, goals, action plans and performance in the form of a periodical Environmental (Sustainability) Report;
- Formulate and utilize environmental indicators as guidance mechanisms for achieving established goals;
- Improve plants’ environmental performances through:
- control and reduction of all type of air emissions;
- control of energy consumption;
- research and development aimed at developing the use of alternative fuels in the production process, thus reducing raw materials consumption;
- water consumption control and waste water reduction;
- noise emissions control;
- prevention and emergency actions to be undertaken for limiting environmental impact.
- Prevent accidents and health injurys by performing workplace studies, health & safety surveys and contingency plans.